5 Tips to Get a Good Makeup Lockdown
You’ve worked so hard to create a perfect makeup look, and without any warning, humidity and heat swoops into the picture and turns your work of art into a complete mess. The good thing is, you no longer need to sulk on your worn off makeup look. With the following fail-proof tips, you can now keep your makeup look on a complete lockdown even on the summer heat.
- Start with a Clean Face. We all know that water and oil don’t mix – and the oil on your face isn’t an exception to this rule! If you really want your makeup to last throughout the day, then start working with a clean face. Remove any oil and dirt using a gentle cleanser, then pat dry with a soft towel. After that, apply an oil-free and lightweight moisturizer with SPF and let it sit for a couple of minutes before applying your other beauty products.
- Always Prime. Noticed how your manicure looks good when you use a great base coat first? Well, the same thing actually goes for your makeup. Using a good primer is what will help you fill your pores, blur your imperfections and make your makeup last longer.
- Use the Right Products. One good way to have a long-lasting makeup look is to use the right products. Also, when applying face products, start with a thin layer first and just build your coverage from there. Applying thick layers in one go will only cause your makeup to look cakey and wear off. It would also help if you switch your usual products with waterproof formulas to prevent smudging all day long.
- Lock it In. Another simple way to have a longer-lasting makeup is to set it with a translucent powder, or a makeup setting spray. Using the latter on your face before and after your makeup routine will lock everything in place, and help your powder products look more natural on your skin.
- Bring Your Essentials With You. Effortlessly counter your melted makeup woes by bringing a small makeup kit with you. Ensure that you always bring your daily makeup essentials – your pressed powder, blotting papers and a cream-to-powder makeup stick – with you so that you won’t have to worry about your worn off makeup at the end of the day.
Seeing your makeup melt away mid-day can be really frustrating, but by following these fail-proof tips, you’ll definitely be able to make your makeup look last throughout the day.